Synergy Wastewater Treatment Products supply Package Sewage Treatment Plants in one piece tanks from 6 Pe (person) through to 175 Pe. A range of some 21 different models.
Over and above 175 Pe, we supply modular two tank systems serving from 190 Pe through to 400 Pe.
The aerobic biological treatment process used in all of the systems offered is ‘Submerged Aerated Filter’ (SAF) sometimes referred to as biological aerated filters.
The SAF process is a well proven method used widely across the world by municipal authorities for the treatment of domestic waste. The benefits are principally, simplicity of operation, small footprint, and the resulting economic advantage.
Whilst other types of treatment are available, these are generally at a higher capital cost, and often more maintenance intensive.
The SAF process has become the most popular system for package plants. We offer several different types of plants enabling us to address most situations. On occasions’ the site logistics determine the type of plant offered. For example, it would not be sensible to specify a plant with GRP Covers in a trafficked area.
We are here to help! Contact us with your requirements, we will prepare a fully costed proposal for your consideration. See the information below for guidance on the sizing of small domestic plants.
Package Sewage Treatment Plant Selection Guide.
Sewage Treatment Plants are sized using three criteria as follows; these are expressed as Pe meaning Population Equivalent.
- Flow (Hydraulic Load) expressed in Litres.
- Organic Load (BOD) expressed in mg/Litre.
- Ammonia (NH3) expressed in mg/Litre.
Current UK loadings are 1 Pe = 180 L/ Day Flow, 60mg/L BOD, & 8mg/L NH3.
We are happy to size any application for enquirers using the industry standard: -
British Water Document: Flows and Loads – 3.
Flows and Loads-3 states that a 3 Bedroom residential property should be sized at a minimum of 5 Pe. For more than 3 Bedroom add 1 Pe for each additional bedroom E.g. a single 4 x Bedroom house = 6 Pe (5+1) a single 5 x Bedroom = 7 Pe (5+2) etc.
Below we list the standard sizes of Package Sewage Treatment Plants available from Synergy Wastewater Treatment Products.
- 6 Pe will serve up to a 4 Bedroom Property.
- 8 Pe will serve a 5 or 6 Bedroom Property.
- 9 Pe will serve up to a 7 Bedroom Property.
- 10 Pe will serve up to 2 x No. 3 Bedroom Properties or one 8 Bed property.
- 12 Pe will serve up to 2 x No. 4 Bedroom Properties.
- 18 Pe will serve up to 4 x No. 3 Bedroom Properties.
- 24 Pe will serve up to 5 x No. 3 Bedroom Properties.
- 30 Pe will serve up to 5 x No. 4 Bedroom Properties.
- 36 Pe will serve up to 6 x No. 4 Bedroom Properties.
- 42 Pe will serve up to 7 x No. 4 Bedroom Properties.
- 50 Pe will serve up to 10 x No. 4 Bedroom Properties.
All of the above are available with Gravity or Pumped Outlets, for use where the discharge point is at a higher level.
Obviously there are many combinations of properties with differing numbers of bedrooms, but we hope the above table gives an insight as to what is readily available as standard off the shelf products.
Please contact us with your requirements; we would be delighted to prepare a fully costed proposal, accompanied with a detailed design loading chart for your consideration.